- Author: The Field Eagle Team
- Published: 4/1/2020 7:35:46 AM
UPDATED - APRIL 29, 2020
Amidst a very unprecedented and challenging time with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, legacy industries' top priority remains to be health and safety. The global coronavirus pandemic is affecting businesses, communities, families, and our day-to-day activities. During this time, the Field Eagle team wanted to provide a list of resources with relevant information pertaining to COVID-19 to help support American and Canadian businesses, to guide them during these difficult times. This list of resources will be kept up-to-date to lessen the impact of this crisis.
Our hearts go out to anyone who's been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. Our thoughts are especially with those who are sick, and we extend our heartfelt wishes, hoping for their full recovery.
Lastly, the Field Eagle team is inspired by the selfless healthcare workers and others, providing essential services around the world who are on the front lines working tirelessly to ensure people's needs are met. We are grateful for your support, hard work, and dedication. We thank you for your service.
List of Resources for High-Risk Industries
- OECD - Includes OECD's Economic Outlook Interim Report released on March 2, 2020 and other key takeaways and information pertaining to the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak
- BOMA Canada - Up to date information and resources that's provided to their members.
- Business Credit Availability Program - To help Canadian businesses obtain financing during the current period of significant uncertainty. The BCAP will support access to financing for Canadian businesses in all sectors and regions.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit - This benefit will be accessible through a secure web portal starting in early April. The government will provide a taxable benefit of $2,000 a month for up to 4 months to eligible workers who were affected by COVID-19.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy for Employers - A three-month measure that will allow eligible employers to reduce the amount of payroll deductions required to be remitted to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan - The Government of Canada is taking immediate, significant and decisive action to help Canadians facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum - COVID-19 resources for members.
- Employment Insurance Regular Benefits - For individuals who have lost their job through no fault of their own and qualify for Employment Insurance benefits.
- Government of Canada - Coronavirus disease public health information and list of resources.
- Emergency Preparedness Information from the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources from the Government of BC - Guidance to mining and smelting operations during COVID-19.
- Statement made from the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources - Chief inspector of mines makes recommendations regarding COVID-19.
- ASHRAE - COVID-19 preparedness resources from ASHRAE and others, with respect to the operation and maintenance of heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems.