- Author: The Field Eagle Team
- Published: 10/14/2022 3:29:18 PM
Why should your organization use a software-based preventive maintenance system? It is clear that introducing a Preventive maintenance software system provides several advantages, however to find out the benefits of this system, the following questions need to be answered:
- What is preventive maintenance (PM)?
- Why is PM important?
- What is software-based preventive maintenance, and how can it help our organization?
Why PM is important?
- Help prevent the need for major repairs Implementing preventive maintenance can significantly aid in your efforts to implement proactive maintenance rather than a reactive approach. Preventive maintenance (PM) is one of the most common forms of proactive maintenance. In a PM program, maintenance activities are performed to keep assets in good working condition.
- Extend the life of assets When equipment is neglected and not properly maintained, this drastically reduces its life span. While some will neglect proper maintenance, thinking they're saving money, it can easily have the opposite effect. The time and money you invest in maintaining your equipment will extend its life, and that saves you a great deal of money in the long run by limiting the number of times you must shell out funds for repairs or replacement.
- Reduce maintenance costs There's a serious misconception about preventive maintenance: it will cost much more than the value of the corrective action. However, proactive, preventive maintenance generally has the opposite effect: Catching minor issues before they turn into significant problems can save you the expenses of major repairs down the road, potentially lowering overall equipment maintenance costs.
- Prevent delays Relying on reactive maintenance instead of investing in a preventive maintenance plan can cause costly delays and reductions in productivity. Despite the early expenses in implementing a preventive maintenance strategy, it should still be viewed as a cost-saving investment in your company's future stability.
- Increase Productivity Not only can unexpected breakdowns cause decreases in productivity, but a lack of regular maintenance can also cause your equipment to slow down over time.
- Enhance Safety Equipment failure and malfunction would not only cause damage to facilities and halt production but could also leave you liable in lawsuits brought against you by employees due to your negligence. Preventive maintenance is thus a necessity for helping to ensure the safety and efficiency of your work environment.
What is software-based preventive maintenance?
Preventive maintenance software is a computer program specially designed to make the planning and execution of preventive maintenance tasks more accessible and more efficient. software-based preventative maintenance is more about the way that work is scheduled: instead of relying on memory, or having a stack of sheets to fill out, it can be digitized, accelerated, and even be more proactive in reminding you and notifying you of maintenance, as well as help notice trends.
What are the most important benefits of software-based preventive maintenance?
- Work scheduling The software maintenance management system automates the scheduling of inspections and maintenance, preventing maintenance issues and expensive repairs. The software can also schedule repetitive work orders and send time-based reminders to the responsible parties so your technicians cannot forget to perform maintenance.
- Increase safety The software helps organizations check and maintain equipment to meet safety standards and prevent breakdowns and failures. Software maintenance management helps organizations check and maintain equipment to meet safety standards and prevent breakdowns and failures.
- Enhance productivity Mobile software maintenance management systems enable maintenance technicians to access real-time information, check inventory, and initiate work orders even when they are far from the office.This increases efficiency and productivity because the work is done faster while saving budget resources.
- Manage work orders efficiently Maintenance software and facilities management improve workflow and efficiency by allowing you to schedule, assign, and close work orders quickly and easily. This will enable you to configure work orders and automatically tracks all work orders in the system. By organizing work orders, everyone will know what tasks need to be completed and who is responsible for them.
- Eliminate paperwork The Maintenance software eliminates unnecessary paperwork because the software can be set up to capture information automatically. Furthermore, maintenance personnel can view all information related to work orders on their computers or mobile devices, so there is no need to print out documents.
- Manage field visits A software maintenance management system allows you to schedule all your services and tasks, indicating to each team member which clients to visit, the time scheduled, and the activities to be executed. The technician can check his activities at any time, and the manager can monitor the completion of tasks from the office through the control panel.
If you're ready to get started with your Preventative Maintenance efforts, give Field Eagle a try. Contact us today for a demo, or start a free trial and see how much money you can save!